Saturday, October 1, 2011

Boston Local Food Festival and Children's Museum

Food!!  It's probably the number one motivator of this little family.  Each month, I pick up a copy of the Boston Parents Magazine  (it's FREE!) and look up the local events to take the family.  I found that today was going to be the Boston Local Food Festival (Hello!!!  A festival that celebrates food!  I'm in!!) AND double bonus, it was in front of the Children's Museum!  Thus, I proposed this event to Joseph and he was QUITE excited about the prospects.

We got up this morning (thank goodness, Alexander let us sleep in until 7:40 a.m.), walked the dog, and were on our way to the Children's museum.  We got street parking (hooray!  We only spent $2.00 rather than $14!) and played around the children's museum for an hour and then went to the food festival right when it opened.

Alexander and Joseph blowing bubbles at the Children's Museum

Alexander LOOOVES bubbles!












Mommy can blow bubbles too!

Unfortunately, the food was not that spectacular.  We sampled foods such as:  jerk chicken, broccoli, plaintains and rice (Alexander LOOOOOVED the broccoli); pad thai, meatball sandwich (Alexander loved the meatball, but unfortunately it only came with 3 meatballs....so we each got one), and butternut squash soup (Joseph claimed that it didn't taste as good as mine...he's a real sweetheart).  However, as we were roaming around looking for some sweets, we ran across a DELICIOUS food truck!  It was a grilled cheese food truck!!  Yummmm!!!  Thus, Joseph and I halved a half of a gouda with caramalized onions and mushroom on rye sandwich.  Delish!  As a culmination to our day, we got some delectable salted caramel ice cream from the batch food stand.  It was the saving grace to the food festival in my opinion.

Alexander squats when he reads...I love it.
Then, Alexander took a 3 hour nap...the little guy was tuckered out, as were his parents.  We played around the house, since it was rainy outside, and enjoyed some delectable leftovers of moussaka (I swear it's better the next day!) and remaining brisket.

I love the weekends.  It's such a wonderful time when we can have family outings and spend some quality time together.  Until next time...


Love and kisses,



Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment